Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Display problem ? Click HERE
Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association (TEMA) has developed a series of fouling factor for Shell and Tube (S&T). These fouling factor are generally higher than Plate Heat Exchanger (PHE), why not use S&T fouling factors to size PHE ?
Isn't this approach conservative and guarantee the performance ?
- Oversized Plate Heat Exchanger (PHE) required extra CAPEX and extra Space for oversized PHE
- Tubulence minimise fouling tendencies in correctly sized PHE. Oversized PHE results low actual velocity and increase potential fouling and inefficient heat transfer
- HTRI studies showed PHE fouling significant lower than Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger (S&T)... factor of 6.7
- Cooling Water Fouling Factors
- Self Cleaning Heat Exchanger - Online Cleaning ?
- Heat Exchanger Fouling Mechanism, Prevention and Treatment...
- Why Lower Fouling factor in Plate Heat Exchanger ?
- Control Around Heat Exchanger